Statement of intent
This policy sets out that I Emma Brookes, working under the business Emma Brookes Hypnotherapy will use and protect the information that you provide when you use my service.
It is my intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
The policy may be updated in the future to keep in line with legislation.
When you contact me via website, social media, telephone or email, the information I may collect is –
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Any other information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry.
What I do with this information
I will securely save your details for the purposes of communication, to discuss your requirements with you, to send you session reminders, to contact you in the case of missed or late attendance to a session, and for any other purpose I believe is in your best interest.
I will not share any information you provide me via any forms of communication with any other person unless I receive your written consent, or I am legally required to do so.
The initial consultation
During the initial consultation I will ask you to provide me with information regarding –
- Your name
- Contact details
- Family history
- Mental health
- Any other information you wish to discuss or I feel is relevant to our sessions
In the course of the sessions I will take notes of any information you provide that I feel appropriate to track progress and help plan your future sessions.
Any information I hold will be securely locked away, and used only for the intended purpose.
How will your information be stored
Your name and telephone contact details will be saved on my mobile phone. My phone is password protected.
Your email address will be stored in my email contacts. My email address is password protected.
Any information you provide that is relevant to your hypnotherapy sessions I may take notes on, this information will be securely stored away.
How long will my information be stored
Your information will be kept for up to 7 years after you have finished sessions under the guidance of the Association of Solution Focussed Hypnotherapy, or 7 years from the age of 18 if a client is under 18 when starting sessions.
You have the following rights
- The right to be informed – why we have produced this policy.
- The right to access. If you wish to see your profile please make a request in writing to Emma Brookes, the data processor. I will provide you with the information within 30 days of receiving the request.
- The right to rectification. This is your right to request changes to any information that I hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information I hold about you is incorrect then please let me know and I will make the appropriate changes.
- The right to erasure. Given the nature of our work we are required to hold our details for 7 years, or 7 years from the age of 18 if a client is under 18 when starting sessions. After this your information will be securely destroyed.
- The right to restrict processing. I will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the common law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of greater good. If in the therapists opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, your GP or the appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure the safety of the relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality.
- The right to data portability: I will not share your information, other than in the situations described above without your specific consent.
- The right to object. I will not contact you for any marketing purposes unless you have given me specific agreement to do so.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling. I will not use your information for profiling purposes.
I, Emma Brookes am the data processor. I will be fully compliant with the GDPR requirements in using data for administration, appointment making and accounts.
In the case of using premises or clinic to see clients I will ensure that I receive written consent that any data obtained by CCTV is protected in accordance with the GDPR.
Where the sessions are conducted via webcam eg. Skype or facetime the sessions are recorded only for as long as it will take me to write up notes not taken contemporaneously. Once notes have been documented, the recording will be deleted.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be places on your computer’s hard drive so that I can analyse web traffic to my website. Through this I can see which of my website pages are being viewed and of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your settings to decline them if you prefer. If you chose to do this you may find that you cannot make full use of the website.
Links to other websites
Website and social media testimonials
I will only publish testimonials on my website with specific consent, and I will not publish your full name. The testimonial will stay in there unless you specifically ask me to remove it. If you provide a testimonial on social media (eg facebook) the testimonial will stay on there unless you specifically ask me to remove it. In which case I will remove it within 14 days your request.
I will always ensure my clients privacy is kept to the best of my ability by bookings sessions with at least a 10-minute break in between. It is possible you may pass clients booked in the session before, or after your session.